It is my opinion that... true friends are truly a gem, and very hard to find. Many people claim to be your friend, but are they really? Are they reliable when you are down and hurt? Do you have your back when you need someone to lean on? Can they be trusted to keep your secrets?
After almost forty years on this earth, I've learned that there isn't really anyone I can truly trust and call a friend. I have many acquaintances, but not too many "friends." I find that my biggest mistake is in thinking that the people I associate with and do the most for would do the same for me in return. As a result of my flawed thinking, I end up hurt and confused too often.
I am the friend who will answer the phone at any time, day or night. I will get in my car and run to you, no questions asked. I will bring you food and provide shelter if necessary, no hesitation, no questions asked. It's really sad that I haven't found the "friend" yet who is willing to do the same for me. I get a lot of excuses and apologies, but not the reliability I give to them. It seems I may have to change who I am to prevent future hurt and heartache. I will stop answering my phone, I will not return text messages, and I will find something more important than you when you need me. It seems only fair, then when it happens to me, I won't be so hurt.
I'm reminded of the TLC song, "What about your friends... Will they stand their ground, will they let you down again? What about your friends? Are they gonna be low down, will they ever be around, or will they turn their backs on you?"
It's sad that it has taken me almost 40 years to realize that I have no friends, and now I will go about my merry way.
Thanks to YouTube for the following:
No comments:
Post a Comment