It is my opinion that women need to stop being selfish. I hear the argument all the time about the “unwritten girlfriend code.” Okay, you date someone, it doesn’t work out, your friend hooks up with him later, and they find they are soul mates. They get married and stay together until death. So, the friend should turn him down because it didn’t work out between him and you? Not only is that asinine, but it’s incredibly selfish. You cannot control what the heart wants, and sometimes you fall in love with the person you least expect, and you find that it is the best relationship you ever had. So what if he once dated your friend?
This is something I’ve never understood, but then maybe I’m different. I take issue with a friend fooling around with my current partner, but in that case, that would not be a true friend. I’ve had that happen by the way, and she and I are no longer friends. Had she waited until the time came that we broke up, if we broke up, and pursued him then, that would not be my issue. It didn’t work out with him and ME, and that has nothing to do with how he would interact with her.
In all honesty, if a female friend or relative were to hook up with my ex-husband, and they make each other happy, who am I to begrudge them that happiness? I know why my relationship with the person didn’t work, and I’ll gladly share that if the information is something crucial (he’s an abuser, etc.), otherwise, we just didn’t click, so we went our separate ways. As my friend, if you hook up with him later, maybe you have the missing link that I didn’t, so more power to you. I truly wish women would get over themselves and allow people to be happy, even if it is with someone they have had history with.
No comments:
Post a Comment